Documents associated with this entity:

City now in Poland, located in the south-west of the country on the Oder River, 300 km (c. 185 miles) south-west of Warsaw, and c. 170 km (c. 100 miles) north-east of Prague. Between 1871 and 1918, Breslau formed part of the German Empire; in 1919 it became the capital city of the province of Lower Silesia [Niederschlesien], then after the German occupation of Poland in World War II, it was assigned to Poland, until 1991 within the Soviet Union.

Contributor:

  • Marko Deisinger

Download all selected files as or or (check files to select/deselect)
Where appropriate save: English and German versions German version only English version only

Correspondence

  • OJ 6/7, [10] Handwritten letter from Schenker to Moriz Violin, dated October 26, 1924

    Schenker names ten universities that should receive complimentary copies of Der Tonwille, explaining that university music departments (Seminare) are more suitable recipients than conservatories and other types of music schools. With 1924 coming to an end, he will resign from UE and shift publication of Der Tonwille to Piper or Drei-Masken Verlag in Munich. The latter have agreed to publish his study of Beethoven's Sonata Op. 106

Diaries

Other material