Documents associated with this entity:

Viennese antiquarian book and art dealer, founded in 1883 by Hermann Gilhofer (1852–1913) and continued by Heinrich Ranschburg (1860–1914).

One of the most internationally renowned centres of the antiquarian book trade, Gilhofer & Ranschburg was located on the corner of Bognergasse and Tuchlauben, at the convergence of the Graben and the Kohlmarkt, in the first district (Innere Stadt) of Vienna.

The firm was aryanized at the annexation of Austria to Germany, and the majority of its art holdings impounded by the Nazis. It continued trading after World War II, until it was absorbed into InLibris GmbH in 2005.

Source:

  • wikipedia

Contributor:

  • Marko Deisinger

Download all selected files as or or (check files to select/deselect)
Where appropriate save: English and German versions German version only English version only

Diaries