Documents associated with this entity:

Viennese art exhibition hall.

The Künstlerhaus Wien is located at Karlsplatz 5, in the first district (Innere Stadt) of Vienna, next to the Musikvereinsgebäude (Music Society Building). The Künstlerhaus was built in Renaissance palazzo style between 1865 and 1868 by the Gesellschaft bildender Künstler Österreichs (Society of Visual Artists of Austria), and has since served as an exhibition space for painting, sculpture, architecture, and applied art.

Schenker and his wife visited it on occasion (e.g. July 8, 1918, with detailed report of what was seen).

Contributor:

  • Marko Deisinger

Download all selected files as or or (check files to select/deselect)
Where appropriate save: English and German versions German version only English version only

Diaries