Documents associated with this entity:

Viennese coffee house, opened in 1873 by Franz Landtmann, remodeled in 1924.

The coffee house was and is a meeting place for politicians, actors, academics, students, and others, frequented around the turn of the century by figures such as Peter Altenberg, Sigmund Freud, Gustav Mahler, and Max Reinhard. It is situated on the Franzens-Ring, also known as the Ring des 12. November (now Dr. Karl Lueger-Ring), close to the Hofburg Theater, and across the Ringstraße from the Parliament building, the Rathaus, and the University.

Emil Hertzka evidently used it as a meeting place (see OC 52/139, January 7, 1914).

Download all selected files as or or (check files to select/deselect)
Where appropriate save: English and German versions German version only English version only