Documents associated with this entity:

Vienna's principal opera house, located on the Opernring at the corner with the Kärntnerstraße, one of the world's leading opera houses and the first major building to be erected on the Ringstraße.

The Opera House was opened in 1869, its architect being August Sicard von Sicardsburg, interior decoration by Eduard van der Nüll. It was originally the opera house to the Austrian monarchy, hence was called the Hofoper (Court Opera). With the fall of the monarchy in 1918, it was in 1920 renamed the Wiener Staatsoper (Vienna State Opera).

Download all selected files as or or (check files to select/deselect)
Where appropriate save: English and German versions German version only English version only